What is Calcium-Sandoz?
Calcium-Sandoz is a dietary supplement. The effervescent tablets contain calcium, a substance that is essential for the formation and maintenance of healthy and strong bones. Calcium-Sandoz is easy to take, has a pleasant orange flavour and is also suitable for children. You can buy Calcium-Sandoz at your own pharmacy or you can instruct us to arrange this on your behalf at a registered EU pharmacy.
What is the product used for?
The body absorbs calcium from the diet. Some people need to take extra calcium. Calcium-Sandoz is suitable, for example:
- For people who have (too) little calcium-rich products in their diet or who are unable to absorb calcium properly
- As a supplement to or to prevent bone loss (osteoporosis), or any other condition in which the bones become or become more fragile
- For women during or after the menopause. They are at greater risk of osteoporosis due to the altered hormone balance
- For people who have an increased need for calcium, for example, the elderly, growing children, pregnant women and women who are breastfeeding
Calcium-Sandoz is a supplement that directly increases the calcium levels in the body
How to use Calcium-Sandoz and what is the dosage?
Calcium-Sandoz is available as effervescent tablets of 500 mg.
Always dissolve the effervescent tablet in a glass of water. Wait until its stopped fizzing and then drink the liquid immediately. The recommended dose is as follows:
- Adults: One 500 mg effervescent tablet 1 to 3 times daily (maximum daily dose 1500 mg)
- Children: One 500 mg effervescent tablet one to two times daily (maximum daily dose 1000 mg)
Calcium-Sandoz may be taken with or without food. Do not take the tablet at the same time as spinach, rhubarb, wholemeal products and other foods rich in oxalic or phytic acid. These foods reduce the absorption of Calcium-Sandoz. Read the instructions before use.
Calcium-Sandoz effervescent tablets can sometimes cause side effects, although this nutritional supplement is generally well tolerated. Side effects that can occur include:
- High calcium levels in the blood or urine
- Other gastrointestinal complaints (acid reflux, flatulence, constipation or diarrhoea)
Report any side effects to a doctor, pharmacist or chemist.
When can you not use this food supplement?
Do not use Calcium-Sandoz effervescent tablets if:
- You are allergic to calcium or any of the other ingredients (an overview of the composition can be found in the leaflet)
- Your calcium levels are too high (in blood or urine)
- You have kidney problems, such as kidney stones or deposits of calcium in the kidney tissue
Use Calcium-Sandoz effervescent tablets in consultation with a doctor or pharmacist if you:
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Use certain medications that interact with Calcium-Sandoz, such as aluminium-based medicines, corticosteroids, tetracycline antibiotics or bisphosphonates. In the package leaflet, you will find a complete overview of these medicines.