Not everyone is blessed with a beautiful complexion. In fact, there are all kinds of skin conditions like eczema and skin allergies as well as regular skin irritations everyone at some point will experience. Most simple skin problems like athletes foot can be treated from over the counter medications.
What are the symptoms? There are many different skin conditions with many different symptoms. The most common skin conditions include:
- Acne: pimples and blackheads, often with subcutaneous infections and oily skin.
- Rosacea: red patches on the face, sometimes accompanied by spots and veins that are visible in the skin as red lines.
- Eczema: inflammation of the skin with symptoms such as itching and redness.
- Fungal infections: red patches, often itchy and scaly.
- Scars and wrinkles.
- Cold sores: painful sores or blister-like lesions around the mouth, caused by the herpes virus.
How to prevent and treat skin problems Choose a good quality soap rich in vitamin E and natural oils to prevent drying and aging of the skin. Soaps intended to remove oil and dirt tend to dry out or irritate your skin. The Skin Cancer Foundation recommends a sunscreen of SPF 15 or higher when going outdoors. Most skin problems can also be treated with medications. Acne and rosacea for example, can be treated with antibiotics. Topical corticosteroids are effective for itching and eczema. Vitamin A acid cream reduces scars and other impurities. Sort through the many products we carry and if you don't see what you are looking for let us know we will be happy to do a special order for you.