A doctor will review your order and write you a prescription, if appropriate. This prescription is then forwarded to a pharmacy. The pharmacy will have your medicine delivered to you within one to three working days. Read more about this process here.
What is Utovlan?
Utovlan contains norethisterone, a synthetic progestogen hormone. This drug has, among others, an influence on the menstrual cycle. However Utovlan is not a contraceptive. You can order Utovlan online through the pharmacies that work with Dokteronline.com.
What is this medication used for?
Utovlan is prescribed in case of menstrual disorders such as PMS, heavy bleeding or pain during menstruation, or an irregular cycle. In addition, it can be used to delay the menstrual period. Physicians also prescribe Utovlan against endometriosis, a condition in which the endometrium grows also in other places in the abdominal cavity. In high doses Utovlan is sometimes used against breast cancer.
How to use Utovlan?
This drug can be used in different ways, depending on the condition. In case of menstrual disorders the drug only needs to be used a few days per menstrual cycle. If you are taking Utovlan for another condition, then you have to take the medicine every day. If you want to delay your menstruation with Utovlan, you will have to take this medication three days before the expected period. Take the tablet at a fixed time with some water. You can take this medicine with or without food. In the leaflet you will find more information about the use of Utovlan.
The collaborating pharmacies offer Utovlan online. A doctor will decide how often and how long you should take this medication. The general guidelines for the dosage are as follows:
- Menstrual disorders: for 10 days three times daily 1 tablet of 5 mg. Then for 2 cycles from day 16 to day 25, 1 tablet of 5 mg twice daily;
- To delay your period: three days before the expected date of menstruation three times daily 1 tablet of 5 mg. Keep taking Utovlan as long as you want to delay your period (maximum 14 days). About three days after stopping the medication, a bleeding will start.
- Endometriosis: three times daily 1 tablet of 5 mg for at least 6 months.
For the treatment of other diseases, a doctor may prescribe a different dosage. Read the instructions before use.
Utovlan can, just like other medicines, be accompanied by side effects. You may notice the following complaints (among others):
- Bleeding between periods (spotting);
- menstruation does not occur anymore (after prolonged use);
- painful breasts
- gastrointestinal complaints.
Consult with a doctor if the side effects do not disappear or if you suffer from severe or serious adverse events. You can read more information about the possible side effects in the leaflet.
When is it best not to use this medication?
Utovlan is not a suitable medicine for everyone. Do not use this medication if you:
- are oversensitive to norethindrone or any of the excipients used;
- have unexplained vaginal bleeding; [/ li]
- have, had or are more at risk of having a Thrombosis;
- suffer(ed) a heart or vascular disease, liver problems, pruritus, porphyria or some abnormality during pregnancy.
Do you have other health problems or are you taking other medication? Please consult with a doctor whether you should take Utovlan. The leaflet contains more information about this topic.
Pregnancy / driving / alcohol
Do not use Utovlan if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. It is not advised to use this medication, or only in consultation with a physician, if you want to breastfeed. This medicine will not affect your ability to drive and does not interact with alcohol.