What is Voltaren?
Suffering back, joint or muscle pain? Voltaren can help! It eases pain and inflammation to restore supple movement to the affected area. Available in tablet, gel and plaster form, you can order all Voltaren products through Dokteronline.com, from our partner pharmacies.
What is Voltaren used for?
Voltaren relieves pain in the back, joints, muscles and other areas, including pain caused by injuries. The following products are available through our partner pharmacies:
- Voltaren K tablets, containing the anti-pyretic (fever-reducing), analgesic (painkilling) and anti-inflammatory substance diclofenac. This is a so-called NSAID, or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug. The tablets are also suitable for treating period pains and headaches, as well as pain caused by colds or flu. They are available in dosages of 12.5 mg and 25 mg.
- Voltaren Emulgel, a fast-acting gel to rub into the affected areas. The active substance, diclofenac, eases pain, swelling and redness, making the gel perfect for the localised treatment of pain in the knees, finger joints and so on.
How to use Voltaren
All Voltaren products are available without a prescription. Use them as follows:
- Voltaren K tablets (ages 14 and above): take one 25 mg tablet or two 12.5 mg tablets up to three times a day, with plenty of fluid. Do not take more than three 25 mg tablets or six 12.5 mg tablets a day;
- Voltaren Emulgel (adults only): gently rub a small amount of gel into the affected area, up to four times a day. Do not use for more than three weeks at a time. Wash your hands after use;
Always read the enclosed patient information leaflet before use. If your symptoms persist, consult a doctor.
Most users have no problems taking Voltaren products, but side effects do sometimes occur. They can include the following:
- Voltaren K tablets: headache, dizziness, gastrointestinal disorders, skin rash.
- Voltaren Emulgel: skin complaints, including discolouration (Emulgel) or irritation at the point of application.
See the leaflet enclosed with your product for full details of possible side effects.
When not to use this product
Do not use Voltaren if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to any of its ingredients – see the leaflet. Other warnings:
- Voltaren K tablets are not suitable for people with a gastric or duodenal ulcer, gastrointestinal bleeding or a serious liver or kidney condition, or those who have suffered heart failure or a stroke. Do not use this medication if you are taking anticoagulants or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Voltaren Emulgel is not suitable for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.