Xenical package leaflet
Have you been prescribed Xenical? Then be sure to read the package leaflet before you starting using this weight-loss product. The package leaflet contains important patient information on Xenical and its use. Keep the Xenical package leaflet in a safe place so that you can read the information again, if necessary.
What is Xenical and what is it used for?
Xenical is a medicine that helps you to lose weight. It contains the active ingredient orlistat, which is a type of medicine that ensures the body absorbs less fat from foods that you eat by preventing the action of enzymes that digest fat (lipases). About one third of this undigested fat is excreted in the faeces. As a result, your calorie intake reduces and you begin losing weight. Xenical is prescribed to aid weight loss in obese people who have a BMI of 28 or more. This medicine is only available with a prescription from a GP or an online prescription.
What you need to know about Xenical
If you are taking this weight-loss product for the first time, make sure you take account of the following:
- Do not use this medicine if you are hypersensitive to orlistat, have a liver condition or suffer from a long-term condition in which the gut does not absorb sufficient nutrients (chronic malabsorption syndrome);
- Do not use this medicine without consulting a doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding;
- Xenical may interact with other medicines. It is therefore important to tell the doctor what other medicines you are taking when you order;
- Xenical is not suitable for use in children;
- If you have been unable to lose at least 5% of your body weight after 12 weeks of treatment, this medicine does not produce the desired effect. Ask the doctor to stop treatment and prescribe a different weight-loss product.
How to use Xenical
One Xenical capsule contains 120 mg orlistat. Unless otherwise instructed by the doctor, one capsule should be taken immediately before, during, or up to one hour after each main meal (i.e. three capsules a day). Xenical is only effective when taken with food with a moderate fat content. If you only eat low-fat products there is no point in taking this weight-loss product. Xenical is most effective when used with increased exercise and a reduced calorie diet. This will help you to get maximum benefit from this medicine and lose weight most quickly. For more information, see the package leaflet.
Possible side effects
Xenical works locally in the gut and, in some case, may cause stomach distress (e.g. flatulence, stomach pain, faecal incontinence and diarrhoea). You are less likely to experience digestive side effects if you do not take meals that are high in fat. If your diet contains a lot of fatty foods, your stool will contain more fat which may cause stomach pain or diarrhoea. For more information on possible side effects, see the package leaflet.
How to store Xenical
Keep Xenical out of reach of children. The capsules should be stored in a dry place and at room temperature. Do not use Xenical if the expiration date on the package has passed.
Xenical contains orlistat and a number of other ingredients. For a full list of ingredients and information on the manufacturer and marketing authorisation holder of this weight-loss product, consult the package leaflet.
Important! We do not offer any products ourselves, but offer the possibility to request a treatment (possibly with medication).
If you wish to obtain certain medication, you can buy these products at your own pharmacy or instruct us to arrange this in your name at a registered EU pharmacy. For prescription only medication we also arrange a consultation for you with a registered EU doctor.
* Instruction costs include VAT.