What is Zolmitriptan?
Zolmitriptan is an anti-migraine agent. The active ingredient in this medication is zolmitriptan, a selective serotonin antagonist. You can order Zolmitriptan online through the pharmacies that work with Dokteronline.com.
What is this medication used for?
Migraine is a type of headache which is usually accompanied by other symptoms such as sensitivity to light and sound, nausea and vomiting. Sometimes an attack is preceded by an aura: disturbances in vision, such as seeing stars, flashing lights or wavy images. Zolmitriptan is not intended to prevent a migraine attack, but can be used to relieve an existing or incipient migraine attack.
How to use Zolmitriptan?
Take this medication as soon as you feel the first symptoms of a migraine attack. Zolmitriptan is available as a regular tablet and as a melt tablet. Swallow the tablet with enough liquid. Let the tablet melt first in your mouth before swallowing the medication.
You can order Zolmitriptan online through the partner pharmacies. Unless a doctor advises otherwise, the usual dosage is as follows:
Zolmitriptan (melt) tablets:
- Adults and children over 18 years: 1 tablet of 2.5 or 5 mg..
Medicines can sometimes cause side effects. When using Zilmitriptan you may experience side effects. This involves symptoms such as:
- tingling, pain or prickling sensation on the skin;
- abdominal pain and / or nausea;
- muscle pain, muscle weakness;
- oppressing sensation in the neck, throat, chest, arms, or legs;
When is it best not to use this medication?
Zolmitriptan is not an appropriate medicine for everyone. Do not use this medication if you:
- are hypersensitive to zolmitriptan or any of the excipients used;
- suffer (or have had) an increase in blood pressure, severe renal impairment, heart disease, stroke or TIA;
- are using other migraine medications .
Pregnancy / driving / alcohol
Do not use Zolmitriptan, or only on the advice of your doctor, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. In any case, you should not breastfeed for 24 hours after taking Zolmitriptan.
The side effects of this medication may affect your ability to drive and react. Keep this in mind and do not drive as long as you do not feel well.
Zolmitriptan does not interact with alcohol.