A doctor will review your order and write you a prescription, if appropriate. This prescription is then forwarded to a pharmacy. The pharmacy will have your medicine delivered to you within one to three working days. Read more about this process here.
What is Co-Diovan?
Co-Diovan lowers the blood pressure. This drug has a dual effect and is therefore quite powerful. You can order Co-Diovan online at the pharmacies that work with Dokteronline.com.
What is this medication used for?
If your blood pressure is elevated for a prolonged time, it may damage the blood vessels and the organs. This increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases, such as a stroke or a heart attack. Co-Diovan reduces blood pressure in two ways. The medicine is composed of the following active substances:
- Valsartan, an angiotensin II receptor antagonist. This drug dilates the blood vessels and thereby causes a drop in blood pressure.
- Hydrochlorothiazide, a diuretic that causes extra moisture loss through the kidneys. This also causes a drop in blood pressure.
How to use Co-Diovan?
Always take the medicine at a fixed time in the morning. You can take this medicine with or without food. Take the tablet without chewing with some water. If you forget to take the tablet, just proceed with the usual schedule. Never take a double dose to compensate for the forgotten tablet.
The partner pharmacies offer Co-Diovan available online in different strengths. A doctor knows which strength is best for your complaints. Unless otherwise prescribed by a doctor, the usual starting dose is as follows:
- Adults: once daily 1 tablet in the prescribed strength.
The dosage may be adjusted by a doctor. Co-Diovan is not suitable for children under 18 years of age. Read the instructions before use.
Medication may sometimes cause side effects, but not everyone is affected by this. The side effects that may occur with Co-Diovan include:
- blurred vision;
- buzzing in the ears;
If you suffer from any of these or other side effects, please talk to a doctor or a pharmacist, even if you have any complaints not listed in the leaflet.
When is it best not to use this medication?
Co-Diovan is not a suitable medicine for everyone. Do not use this medicine if you:
- are hypersensitive to the active substances valsartan or hydrochlorothiazide, or to any of the excipients used in the medicine;
- have any hypersensitivity to other medicines based on sulfonamides;
- suffer from a severe kidney disorder, if your kidneys do not produce urine, or if you have an artificial kidney;
- suffer from poor liver function or gout;
- have abnormal levels of potassium, sodium or calcium in the blood that are untreated with medication;
- suffer from diabetes or poor renal function and are being treated with an aliskiren based antihypertensive agent.
An overview of these and other contraindications and warnings can be found in the leaflet. In your order, state what medication you are using as some interact with Co-Diovan.
Pregnancy / driving / alcohol
Do not use Co-Diovan during pregnancy and in any event not if you are pregnant more than 3 months. This medicine can cause serious harm to your child. Co-Diovan is not recommended for breastfeeding women. Co-Diovan can sometimes cause dizziness. Do not take part in traffic if that is the case with you. Alcohol can potentiate the action of Co-Diovan, which may cause or aggravate side effects.