Losing weight is all about eating less and curbing cravings. But this can be easier said than done. The new and promising weight loss drug Mysimba acts on the brain’s reward system: the area of the brain involved in controlling appetite. Mysimba lowers food cravings. As a result, you will find it easier to stay away from food, especially the kinds that cause waistline expansion such as chocolate and fast food. It also reduces the hunger feeling, which makes it easier to stick to a weight loss programme. Mysimba has undergone extensive clinical trials prior to being released onto the European market. The test results have shown that the people who were given Mysimba lost significantly more weight than the control group that was given a placebo.
Who can use Mysimba?
Mysimba is a highly effective weight loss drug. It is intended to aid weight loss in people with a body mass index (BMI) of 27kg/m2 or more. People with a BMI below 30 kg/m2 are only considered a candidate for this medicine if they have specific risk factors such as diabetes or another harmful disease. Mysimba is a prescription-only medicine. It is only available with a doctor’s prescription.
How to use Mysimba
If you are prescribed Mysimba you will need to follow an initial treatment regimen to ensure that your body adjusts to the active ingredients naltrexone and bupropion. To prevent side effects, it is important that you stick to this regimen. Here are some tips to keep in mind when using Mysimba:
- Follow the dosing schedule as outlined in the package leaflet;
- Swallow the tablets whole without chewing them;
- Avoid drinking large amounts of alcohol while using this medicine as this increases the chance of serious side effects such as seizures. Alcohol also contains calories and should therefore be limited or avoided altogether;
- Do not co-administer with high-fat meals as this significantly increases the chance of seizures.
Tips for losing weight with Mysimba
Mysimba is not a miracle cure and only works in conjunction with a sensible diet. You will lose weight even faster if you combine eating less with exercising more. Here are some tips for healthier food and lifestyle choices:
- If you don’t enjoy sports, then try other forms of exercise such as gardening, washing your car or going for walks. Any type of movement counts;
- If tasting food during cooking is second nature to you, chew gum while you are cooking so you don’t nibble;
- Limit using salt at the table and during cooking. When you consume salt, your body holds on to water (and pounds);
- Drink plenty of water or herbal tea. This helps to speed up toxin elimination.
Share your experiences with Mysimba!
Mysimba is a new weight loss medicine that has only recently been released. This means not many people have used it yet. If you have tried out Mysimba, we’d absolutely love to hear your opinion. Would you like to share your experiences with us? Then write a review. Our product page features a section where you can tell us your weight loss experiences. You can write about how Mysimba works, how fast you managed to lose weight, side effects your suffered and any other information you feel is important. We value your opinion!